At IxD Lab, we have several 3D Printers that are accessible to students and researchers.
We can print in several materials; PLA, ABS, Woodfill, Polycarbonate, TPU etc.
The following printers are available:
- CraftUnique Craftbot + (for PLA and ABS)
- CraftUnique Craftbot + (for Woodfil and Flex/TPU)
- Ultimaker 2 (for PLA)
- Witbox BQ (triple extruder for PLA (experimental))
- Formlabs Form1+ (SLA for Photopolymer)
You can prepare your model using one of the following free-to-download slicers:
- Cura (Ulimaker) Download Cura
- Craftware (Craftbot) Download Craftware
- Repetier (All, but is more advanced) Download Repetier
For modelling, we recommend Autodesk Fusion 360 for making printable parts.
A student license is free, download Fusion 360
To find out more about 3D printing, come up to the lab in our opening hours.
Some useful links for 3D printing techniques:
Acetone bathing for ABS prints (Advanced, Do not attempt to do this without contacting us first)